Aging Adult Fitness — Stop the Clock Training System
We offer a variety of training programs in a variety of formats from workouts in the client's home, in a professional studio to working in the pool with clients who may have mobility issues.
Once set up with a Personal Trainer suited to you, we will take you through a four step process:
Step 1 — Fitness Assessment
In this step, we conduct a variety of assessments to get fair measurement of your current state of fitness including: balance, strength, and flexibility. We then discuss what your health goals are (weight management, overall health, injury prevention, etc.) and get a clear picture of the goals that you want to work towards.
Step 2 — Develop a Customized Program
Taking your current fitness level into consideration and looking at your goals, we will plot a path for you, through exercise, to reach your goals.
Step 3 — Training plus Homework between sessions
Our program will focus on training sessions that address areas that you want to work on as well as activities that support your overall fitness.
Step 4 — Reassessments
We will conduct periodic assessments so that you can see your progress in the program.
We offer clients the opportunity to work out in a water environment which is safe, easy on sore joints, and is low impact. You don't have to be a swimmer as it is conducted in shallow water. The water environment is very comfortable and is great for working on balance, core stability, and offers individuals with mobility issues (Parkinson's and Arthritis) the ability to exercise with less pain.
10 reasons why Aging Adults should exercise:
- Helps improve the absorption of medications (less medication is required)
- Increases balance to lessen the chance of a fall
- Increased muscle mass helps to improve bone density
- Keeps body healthy to maintain or increase participation in sports ( golf, tennis, hockey )
- Improves memory retention
- Helps reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Improves sex drive
- Causes a decrease in joint and muscle pain
- Allows you to maintain your independence
- Makes activity required for daily living easier